Another winter storm blasted through Colorado overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning and left dry blower powder snow in its wake. The highest snow totals among ski areas that are open in Colorado were Loveland with a foot, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area with 10", Wolf Creek Ski Area with 10", Keystone with 8" and Copper Mountain with 7" of fresh powder. Check all snow totals OnTheSnow Colorado Snow Report.
The list of open Colorado ski areas has grown. Copper Mountain started spinning lifts today and Keystone Resort opened last Friday, November 6 (night skiing begins at Keystone on November 25). Breckenridge Ski Resort will open this Friday, November 13. Don't miss Wake Up Breck Thursday morning starting at 7 a.m., when participating Breckenridge coffee shops will offer free coffee and a free coffee cup.
Colorado Skiing Discounts
• Arapahoe Basin's Early Season Elevation 4-Pass Pricing: $199 (adults); $99 (kids)
• Ski Cooper's The XP Pass: $109
• Copper - One. Two. Free!: Book two nights and get a third night free
• Crested Butte's Ski Free Opening Day: Everyone skis and rides for free on opening day
• Eldora's Mountain Explorer Package: $99-inclusive package for kids aged 4-12
• Monarch's Early Season Cat Skiing: Save $100 on individual cat skiing or $1,000 for 12 people
• Loveland Unrestricted 4-Paks: $139 with no restrictions or blackouts
• Powderhorn's Learn to Ski or Snowboard Program: $169 three-day inclusive package to all first timers
• Purgatory's Thanksgiving Ski & Lodging Package: $45 lift tickets and 35% off lodging during Thanksgiving
• Ski Granby Ranch's four packs: $144 (non-transferable) or $169 (transferable). Purchase before opening day.
• Silverton's Sunday Unguided Skiing Pass: $69 includes five Sundays of unguided skiing/riding on scheduled unguided skiing dates
• Sunlight's Ski, Swim, Stay Package: $99 inclusive package with free skiing for kids 12 and under
• Steamboat's Boat Launch Pass: $160 pass to ski and ride any three days between November 26, 2015 and December 29, 2015
• Telluride's Jump Start Package: $96 for four nights of lodging and three days of skiing
• Winter Park's Winter Park Four Pass: $219 for four unrestricted days at Winter Park Resort with no blackouts
• Wolf Creek's Local Appreciation & College Days: $43 Local Appreciation Days adult tickets in Nov. 11, 18, 30 and and Dec. 2, 9
New England Ski News
Great news for New England skiers and snowboarders: Tenney Mountain Ski Area near Plymouth, New Hampshire plans to partially reopen Dec. 15, 2015, after a five-year closure. Initially, only the northern side of the mountain will have snowmaking and grooming with just one lift, Eclipse, operating. Tenney Mountain plans to gradually offer more terrain and services as the business gets up to speed. Get updates on the Tenney Mountain Facebook page.
New England skiers and snowboarders are still awaiting a shift in the mostly dry and warm weather pattern. Sunday River and Killington Resort opened in October, however both have suspended operations until winter hits. Some cooler temperatures this weekend may allow some ski areas to resume making snow.